Thursday, May 28, 2015

Five Eight - The Good Nurse [Emo/Post Rock]

I hope you can still hear what's underneath...
I've neglected to share this album for far too long. Why I have had this album sitting in my drafts tab for so long (Since I started this blog and then abandoned in September) is beyond me. I'll say this though: Not everyone will like this album. That reason being Five Eight's vocalist. His vocals are flawed, a lot. He often goes flat and he is awfully nasally. Despite what I've just said, I think this is one of the most beautiful albums to ever be released.

Mike Mantione's dark obsession with disease, sickness, and death goes ablaze. Sitting on the precipice of what was Mike's own critical sickness. The hell he went through, while forgotten in time, clearly shines through the sound and writing of this album. The Good Nurse starts off with the calming sweep of trumpets as the story begins it's course. As it counties it dives in and out of solemn melodies and loud; powerful hard rock leads. Never does the album tire and it always impresses with it's raw power courtesy of a vocalist who puts emotion over refinery and a band with plenty of talent to carry it. I could go on and on about this album, even more in a constructive matter, but honestly you must take my word when I say that this album is one of the most captivating beautiful records that fell under the radar. 

You can stream, download, or buy The Good Nurse here. If you like what you hear, consider supporting Five Eight by throwing a few coins their way. You can even share this album with your friends! They like sad and gloomy albums about death... right? Just remember, a little support and a little word of mouth goes a long way! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment