Monday, February 2, 2015

John Glam - Sky of No Stars [Acoustic/Folk]

And you were so far away...
I seem to be a sucker for artists who have really calm sounding music backed up by incredibly disturbing song writing. Should I be concerned about this? Answer is I don't know, but I do know that you should listen to John Glam's album Sky of No Stars. What is Sky of No Stars you are probably asking? Well it's no walk in the kiddie park thats for sure. Unless your parks had a bunch of stuff about people dying, then I guess it is a walk in the park, but I digress.

John Glam has the voice of an angel, an angel with a very similar sounding voice to Justin Fustenfeld of Blue October may I add but a voice of an angel nonetheless. He also writes songs that are very sad and feelsy. While there is the usual of heart break or death, there is also a lot of dark and disturbing writing that sets him apart from other songwriters who also happen to dabble in heartbreak and death. I could say more about this album but considering it's free you're going to check it out anyways and I want to go watch Steven Universe so just take my word that it's a good album and go get it.

You can stream, download, or buy Sky of no Stars here. If you like Sky of no Stars consider supporting John Glam by throwing a few coins his way. Or dollars, I mean, how cruel would it be to throw 12 pennies at someone who probably spent months making something? You could also share this album with your friends, they might be able to relate to someone who had a relative who fell down a shaft and died. Just remember, a little support and a little word of mouth goes a long way! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment