Friday, February 13, 2015

Rozwell Kid - Too Shabby [Rock/Emo]

I just wanna be happy...
Don't let the album title deceive you, Rozewell Kid's newest LP is a marvel in pop rock with a sound and style akin to that of Weezer's The Blue Album. Nothing is shabby about it, on the contrary this is a great album with a welcoming "I don't care attitude" clashing with a "Nothing is going to be alright" subject matter in a well balanced and admirable way. This album sounds fun, it's writing looks fun, but in reality this album is nothing but depressing, but it capture's the feelings of depression and loneliness in a such an upbeat and perverted way that it makes it stand out from other albums in it's genre.

"Simpsons season 3 and a thing of hummus, this is all I need. I'm like, super low-maintenance." It says in the intro track Kangaroo Pocket, then follows it up with, "Every now and then I wonder why, jut a little bit." The rest of the album follows suit with a collection of sarcastic, low-brow comments along with questions of confusion and uncertainty. "I say I'm sorry when I'm helping you out, I don't know. I say I'm sorry when I open the door, I don't know." It feels like you're listening to a human being just talking, talking in a frustrated and convoluted mess and it creates a beautiful record. The rest of the album delivers in a consistent array, with a mixture of genres and styles that keep your intrigue for the album strong through out. There is a lot more about Too Shabby that could be said, though sometimes it's better that you experience it yourself. 

You can stream, download, or buy Too Shabby here. If you like this album consider supporting Rozwell Kid by throwing a few coins their way or by purchasing the physical release of this album in Vinyl or CD. You can also share this album with your friends who might get a rush of nostalgia from this album. Just remember, a little support and a little word of mouth goes a long way! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment